PHP is supported by a number of machines provided by a number of generous sponsors. This is a basic inventory of those machines and what services they provide.
- dp1.php.net (PPC testing)
- downloads.php.net (downloads.php.net, shared.php.net)
- euk2.php.net (doc, docs)
- euk3.php.net (PEAR)
- idle.php.net (IRC)
- k1.php.net (rmtools)
- museum.php.net (Museum)
- osu1php.php.net (master)
- oti1.php.net (CHM docs)
- pb1.php.net (mailing lists)
- php-git1.php.net (git.php.net)
- php-jump2.php.net (europe.jump.php.net)
- php-jump4.php.net (americas.jump.php.net)
- php-smtp2.php.net (MX)
- php-web2.php.net (web)
- sc2.php.net (rsync)
- svn2.php.net (SVN, PHP-GTK, people.php.net, talks.php.net)
- wiki.php.net (wiki)
nex2.php.net (gcov) euk1.php.net (PEAR) pb11.php.net (edit.php.net) rl.php.net (old wiki) sgrv2.php.net (old bugs.php.net) sgrv3.php.net (pear.php.net testing infrastructure) sgrv4.php.net (old shared.php.net) sp2.php.net (OpenGrok, Munin) sph1.php.net (qa, snaps)
SSH jump hosts
People with SSH accounts on the above machines must use one of our jump hosts to connect to them. Add this to your
Host git.php.net americas.jump.php.net europe.jump.php.net ProxyJump none Host *.php.net ProxyJump <USERID>@americas.jump.php.net:9022 User <USERID>
europe depending on where you are. The jump hosts require 2FA using Google Authenticator.
2FA setup instructions
- Install the google-authenticatorhttps://github.com/google/google-authenticator-libpam package on a local machine (I used a docker container to avoid contaminating my real machine, but it's probably not necessary).
google-authenticatorcommand (select to use time based token and rate limiting if asked) and create a new Google Authenticator entry using the QR code.
- Email the
.google-authenticatorfile to someone with root access on jumphost machines. I'm nominating Derick for this since he's been awesome and shall be rewarded with further work.
- Wait until the admin puts that file into your homedir with 0600 perms and chown'd to you.
- Connect to jumphost using the new authenticator code.
- Remove ~/.google_authenticator
- Generate a new config profile locally on the jumphost.
- Ask Derick to then copy that new config to other jumphosts so that you can use NA as well as EU.
Note: You'll need to find someone who can replicate your account to
europe.jump.php.net so you can use it there, too.
Tip, you can tell ssh to use a php-specific key for php-related things by adding something like this to your Host *.php.net section:
We use Nagios and Munin to monitor the machines. There is a public network status page as well as a protected area (log in with your SVN credentials) with more detailed information. The Munin web interface is available here.
Note regarding FreeBSD machines: Upgrades should be performed according to this guide.