- Julien Pauli (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ferenc Kovacs (email@example.com)
|Jan 16 2014||Alpha1||No new RFCs|
|March 16 2014||Beta1||No new features|
|May 16 2014||RC1|
|June 16 2014||Final|
- __debugInfo() magic method
Support get_debug_info hook for userspace classes
- Exponential operator
- Importing namespaced functions
Proposes to allow importing namespaced functions through a new `use function` sequence.
- Constant Scalar Expressions (with constants)
This RFC proposes adding support for Constant Scalar Expressions with support for constants being operands.
- Remove calls from incompatible context
Calls from incompatible context deprecated in 5.6 (will be removed in next version).
- Dedicated syntax for variadic functions
This RFC introduces a dedicated syntax for variadic functions.
- Argument unpacking
This RFC proposes a syntax for argument unpacking.
- Internal operator overloading and GMP improvements
Add support for operator overloading in internal classes and improve GMP using it
Distribute phpdbg with PHP, a PHP debugger
- Slim POST data
Use a temp PHP stream for HTTP payload.
- Crypt() function salt
This RFC proposes changing crypt() function's salt parameter treatment.
- Apparmor change_hat functionality for php-fpm
Proposes to add the possibility to change to a different hat under the apparmor LSM
- TLS Peer Verification
Enable peer verification by default for encrypted client streams.
- Improved TLS Defaults
Implement more secure defaults for encrypted stream transfers
- Default character encoding
Default character encoding handling in PHP.
- 64 bit format codes for pack() and unpack()
Adds format codes for converting 64 bit integers to and from binary strings.
- Timing attack safe string comparison function
New function to perform time-constant string comparison (Created 2013/12/22)
- Make sure that we don't have unintentional BC breaks, and every change is mentioned in the appropriate place (NEWS/UPGRADING/etc.).
- Work together with the documentation team, so the docs are already up to date when the final 5.6.0 is released.
- Make sure that the credits are up-to-date(ext/standard/credits.c, ext/standard/credits_ext.h, ext/standard/credits_sapi.h).
- Engine changes should be reported to Zend team for OPCache patching if needed (ping dmitry/laruence).
- Merge UTF-8 IO support for Windows patch (this is still not done, I think this should wait for the next version)
- Sort out the unserialize issue(provide an upgrade path for phpunit and co.).
- Update to latest sqlite3 (18.104.22.168+)
todo/php56.txt · Last modified: 2017/09/22 13:28 (external edit)