This is an old revision of the document!
The 2009 - 2013 redesign of php.net
Many people have worked on the redesign of the site. Currently the most active developers are Paul Dragoonis and Levi Morrison.
Each bolded item in list states a goal and the sub-list states some ways we can accomplish the goal.
At this point, many ideas have been implemented; see howtohelp.
- Improve navigation
- Enlarged size for priority and ease of use.
- Simplify amount of items to prioritize the more important ones.
- Clarify intent of left-hand navigation in documentation sections.
- Add auto-complete to search-box.
- Have clearly identifiable content
- Remove visual clutter, such as excessive borders and boxes
- Make each section visually distinct for stronger visual clarity.
- Adapt to various screen sizes
- Maybe use Twitter bootstrap?
- Navigation on smaller screen needs to get out of the way of content.
- Simplify homepage
- Remove thanks to.
- Remove events and conferences.
- Face lift
- Larger text size, more spacing, streamlined colors.
- Keep the essence of the php.net site, though. (1980's purple is wonderful!)
Earlier work pinning down a sitemap.