This is an old revision of the document!
Request for Comments: Removal of curl-wrappers
- Version: 1.0
- Date: April, 16th 2013
- Author: Pierrick Charron firstname.lastname@example.org
- Status: Implemented (in PHP 5.5)
This RFC is about removing the curl stream wrappers of the PHP as of 5.5 and to move it on PECL for any eventual improvements.
What this RFC is not about
This RFC is not about removing ext/curl from PHP.
What is the curl stream wrappers feature
The curl-stream-wrappers feature is a replacement for the php's stream implemenation, for fopen and other file_get_contents, not the curl_* functions.
Why should we remove it
- This feature has been marked as experimental for years and never turned to stable
- Most people using it just do so by accident
- This experimental feature should be moved in a new PECL extension for improvements until it gets stable
Vote starts April 17th, and ends April 24th
- 2013-04-16: Initial version
- 2013-04-17: Open votes