Request for Comments: CLI options for strict and quiet modes
- Version: 1.1
- Date: 2011-07-06
- Author: Adam Harvey email@example.com
- Status: Inactive
- First Published at: http://wiki.php.net/rfc/cli-strict
This RFC seeks to add options to the CLI SAPI that would enable all and no error display.
The proposed option to display all errors would be
-strict as the long form option. No argument would be accepted; this is a purely boolean option.
Similarly, the option to hide all errors would be
-quiet as the long form option.
- This makes debugging command line code easier, by providing a single option that can be turned on to make PHP maximally noisy.
- Other languages have equivalents: Perl has
-w(which doesn't enable
use strict, although I suspect most Perl users wish it did). Ruby also has
- Uses up another two letters for something that's equivalent to
php -d display_errors=1 -d error_reporting=-1and
php -d display_errors=0 -d error_reporting=0, respectively.
- v1.1 patch (
- v1.0 patch (
- 2011-07-06: Add a
-Qoption in response to IRC and mailing list feedback.
- 2011-07-05: Initial proposal.
rfc/cli-strict.txt · Last modified: 2017/09/22 13:28 (external edit)