This is an old revision of the document!
Git on y3.php.net
- The main git user is called git
- His home directory is in /git
- We use gitolite
- Repos are stored in /git/repositories
Creating a new repository
- You need access to git.php.net:gitolite-admin.git
- Add the repository to the long long list of repos in conf/gitlite.conf
- OR Add the repository itself to conf/gitolite.conf
- Ensure RW+ is set to @all
- Ensure R is set to daemon gitweb
- Ensure config.sharedRepository = true
- Add a description at the end of the file
- Do not give access to any other user except daemon and gitweb
- Create the repo on github. Use dash instead of slashes e.g. pecl/numbers/bitset becomes pecl-numbers-bitset on github
- Import the repository using svn2git.
- git init reponame
- cd reponame
- svn2git –verbose –authors /path/to/authors.map http://svn.php.net/repository/pecl/package
- The authors.map is in the gitolite-admin.git repo.
- Push it to the newly created repository.
- Make sure all branches are pushed
- Add the appropriate hooks.mailinglist config variable
- Do that AFTER you pushed the initial repository or people will hate you.
- Rename <REPO> to <REPO>.git in the global_avail file in SVNROOT.
- A GitHub repository should be created by an “owner” of the PHP-GitHub project using https://master.php.net/manage/git.php
karma & co is going to be installed automatically. If you have problem call firstname.lastname@example.org.
systems/git.1368433504.txt.gz · Last modified: 2013/05/13 10:25 by johannes