This is an old revision of the document!
Git on y3.php.net
- The main git user is called git
- His home directory is in /git
- We use gitolite
- Repos are stored in /git/repositories
Creating a new repository
- You need access to git.php.net:gitolite-admin.git
- Add the repository in conf/gitolite.conf
- Ensure RW+ is set to @all
- Ensure R is set to daemon gitweb
- Ensure config.sharedRepository = true
- Do not give access to any other user
- Import the repository using svn2git.
- An author map will be made available soon
- Push it to the newly created repository.
- Make sure all branches are pushed
- Add the appropriate hooks.mailinglist config variable
- Do that AFTER you pushed the initial repository or people will hate you.
- Rename <REPO> to <REPO>.git in the global_avail file in SVNROOT.
karma & co is going to be installed automatically. If you have problem call firstname.lastname@example.org.
systems/git.1348183776.txt.gz · Last modified: 2012/09/21 01:29 by dsp