Bug Triage Day January 17th-18th 2009
If you are a user of PEAR and have wanted to contribute to an open source project, here's a great opportunity.
We run a bug day every 3 weeks or so, on irc.efnet.org #pear & #pear-bugs across two days.
We basically try to improve the quality of incoming bugs - write test cases, make sure they are reproducible.We also try to boost overall code quality - unit tests, documentation and other improvements.
If you've got a package you use commonly, or bugs you filed some time ago that haven't been fixed; this is a good time to get involved.
Join us on January 17th-18th 2009; or pop into irc.efnet.org #pear to say hello and ask questions.
- Increase the unit test coverage for new issues, while decreasing the amount of failures.
- Focus on resolving last bug triage's items (detailed below)
- migration of packages to package 2.0
What are we doing
- Triage the latest 50 bugs
- Write tests, seek feedback, improve the overall quality of reports.
- See if we can knock off parse error related bugs :)
- Unit tests
- Basically; look at test results and knock off low hanging fruit
- Crypt_GPG -
why do you dislike us :(- gauthierm fixed broken unit tests Validate_BE unit tests fail- doconnor
- Mock out Services_Amazon_SQS - gauthierm is making progress
- Try to get fixes committed so that the difference between CVS HEAD and the CI machine is less
- Followup on Updating unit tests to PHPUnit3
Make sure that AllTests.php does not create any output, otherwise some tests for HTTP_Session will always fail (see test results)HTTP_Session now skips if it can't control the test environment - doconnor
- Mail_mimeDecode - have emailed, lots of bugs with patches in there.
- classify other test failure types, file bugs / fix them :)
- doconnor: excluded from test suite for the moment.
- PEAR 1.8 - convert unit tests from xmlrpc to rest
- Packages that have the most open bug reports (http://pear.php.net/bugs/stats.php)
- Followup on PHP_Shell open bugs (doconnor)
- Followup on SOAP open bugs (doconnor)
- Give Text_Wiki some love - PHPCS, open bugs
- Look at open bugs
- Get Image_JpegXmpReader into CVS (emailed on 6th, 27th)
- New releases which would be handy (look at, talk to maintainers, etc)
Services_ExchangeRates 0.6- doconnor did a release
- Image_Graph - doconnor emailed on 27th
- DB_DataObject - troehr emailed on 27th
MDB2 - troehr emailed on 27thdone HTTP_Upload - New release?Not so much; work is still in progress re translation, says cwenz MDB2_Driver_mysqldone
- Validate - troehr emailed on 27th
- Image_Transform - troehr emailed on 27th, waiting for feedback from Philippe Jausions (appx Jan 1)
- Image_Canvas - doconnor emailed on 27th
- HTML_Page2 - troehr emailed on 27th
- HTTP_WebDAV_Client - doconnor emailed on 27th
- HTTP_WebDAV_Server - doconnor emailed on 27th
- Net_SmartIRC - doconnor emailed on 27th
- SQL_Parser - doconnor emailed on 27th
- Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer - troehr emailed on 27th, doconnor suitably scared
- Mail_Mime - avb and lifeforms (walter) are on it
- Math_Finance - get it into cvs - doconnor
- Usage examples would be neat
- Test the new version of pearweb - http://euk1.php.net/
- doconnor made a few patches for trivial issues
- Releases don't work :( White screen of death