Bug Triage Day December 27th-28th 2008
If you are a user of PEAR and have wanted to contribute to an open source project, here's a great opportunity.
We run a bug day every 3 weeks or so, on irc.efnet.org #pear & #pear-bugs across two days.
We basically try to improve the quality of incoming bugs - write test cases, make sure they are reproducible.We also try to boost overall code quality - unit tests, documentation and other improvements.
If you've got a package you use commonly, or bugs you filed some time ago that haven't been fixed; this is a good time to get involved.
Join us on December 27th-28th; or pop into irc.efnet.org #pear to say hello and ask questions.
- Increase the unit test coverage for new issues, while decreasing the amount of failures.
- Focus on resolving last bug triage's items (detailed below)
What are we doing
- Triage the latest 50 bugs
- Write tests, seek feedback, improve the overall quality of reports.
- See if we can knock off parse error related bugs :)
- Unit tests
- Basically; look at test results and knock off low hanging fruit
- Crypt_GPG - why do you dislike us :(
- Try to get fixes committed so that the difference between CVS HEAD and the CI machine is less
- Followup on Updating unit tests to PHPUnit3
- Make sure that AllTests.php does not create any output, otherwise some tests for HTTP_Session will always fail (see test results)
- Mail_mimeDecode - have emailed, lots of bugs with patches in there.
- Services_ExchangeRates needs some love!
Parse error, doconnor
- Unit tests wanted!
- Coverage is pretty high at the moment, only a few remaining key areas to target
- Unfortunately, there's a BC break in here, so this will need to become 0.6
- Check out the link for easy jobs!
- lots of failures in the unit tests due to
Atom 0.3 (http://pear.php.net/bugs/15322)
- classify other test failure types, file bugs / fix them :)
- PEAR 1.8 - convert unit tests from xmlrpc to rest
- Packages that have the most open bug reports (http://pear.php.net/bugs/stats.php)
- Followup on PHP_Shell open bugs (doconnor)
- Followup on SOAP open bugs (doconnor)
- Give Text_Wiki some love - PHPCS, open bugs
- Bug #14969 Property groups not supported -
test writtentest in CVS - doconnor
Look at Image_Barcode - is it maintained?No; I've had no response from Marcelo about Numbers_Words or this package - doconnor
- Look at open bugs
- look for a new maintainer
- Get Image_JpegXmpReader into CVS (emailed on 6th, 27th)
- New releases which would be handy (look at, talk to maintainers, etc)
- Image_Graph - doconnor emailed on 27th
- DB_DataObject - troehr emailed on 27th
- MDB2 - troehr emailed on 27th
HTTP_Upload - New release?Not so much; work is still in progress re translation, says cwenz
- MDB2_Driver_mysql - doconnor emailed on 27th
- Validate - troehr emailed on 27th
- Image_Transform - troehr emailed on 27th, waiting for feedback from Philippe Jausions (appx Jan 1)
- Image_Canvas - doconnor emailed on 27th
- HTML_Page2 - troehr emailed on 27th
- HTTP_WebDAV_Client - doconnor emailed on 27th
- HTTP_WebDAV_Server - doconnor emailed on 27th
- Net_SmartIRC - doconnor emailed on 27th
- SQL_Parser - doconnor emailed on 27th
- Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer - troehr emailed on 27th, doconnor suitably scared
- Mail_Mime - Emailed Dec 2nd / Dec 4th, and again today - avb and doconnor, release on Jan 4th if no feedback
- http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=11238 - reasonably high impact - do we push out a release sooner?
- XML_Feed_Parser tests got added (1500 unit tests)! - doconnor
- HTTP_Upload parse errors fixed - doconnor
- Net_SMPP parse errors fixed - doconnor
- Net_Whois bugfix release - doconnor
- Massive improvements to PEAR_PackageFileManager tests - dufuz
- Auth_Prefmanager tests now skip if not confiugred - doconnor
- HTML_Template_IT 1.3.0a1 released - doconnor
- Image_Color 1.0.3 released - doconnor
- MP3_Playlist - phpcs - doconnor
- Net_IPv6 got into the pear test suite - doconnor
- Get Services_Akismet2 up and running - gauthierm and dufuz