Bug Triage Day October 25-26th 2008
Who's running it?
October 25th, 26th in #pear-bugs on irc.efnet.org
- Tatsuya Tsuruoka
What are we doing
- Followup on PHPCS patches
Validate(amir) HTTP_Session2(till) Gtk2_PHPConfig(kguest) Net_Wifi(cweiske) File_XSPF(doconnor) Net_Whois(doconnor)
Other items needing volunteers
- writing tests for MDB2_Schema bugs (particularly those with patches);
I18N_UnicodeString needs to be put in CVS (http://news.php.net/php.pear.dev/50419) (in CVS and fixed by kguest) PHP_Fork into CVS(cweiske)
- Packages that have the most open bug reports (http://pear.php.net/bugs/stats.php)
Apply Net_Ping patch for bug #14492(patch by shupp, applied by kguest)
- Docs for Validate packages - (amir ?)
- Payment_DTA into CVS (doconnor consulting with lead)
Fix Validate_AU unit tests(doconnor was shirking, but Validate_AU-0.1.2 now exists)
Notes: The best way to write unit tests for CVS
Say you have a package, Foo_Bar_Item
If you structure you package as:
Then it makes doing
you@locahost:~/pear$ cvs update you@locahost:~/pear$ cd Foo_Bar_Item you@locahost:~/pear/Foo_Bar_Item$ phpunit tests/
… work just fine with the existing require_once patterns; and when you install the package, the tests should still run.
Otherwise, if you have packages with different structure, you will often have to:
you@locahost:~/pear$ cvs update you@locahost:~/pear$ cd Foo_Bar_Item you@locahost:~/pear/Foo_Bar_Item$ pear package you@locahost:~/pear/Foo_Bar_Item$ sudo pear install -fa Foo_Bar_Item-0.1.0.tgz you@locahost:~/pear/Foo_Bar_Item$ phpunit tests/
Unit test results
These unit test results are generated overnight / on demand on doconnor's development copy; so may be somewhat overly passing at the moment :)
- Unit test results - Oct 23rd 518 / 3195 tests fail or error
- Tests: 3197, Assertions: 20496, Failures: 398, Errors: 48, Incomplete: 86.
- Tests: 3198, Assertions: 20496, Failures: 274, Errors: 48, Incomplete: 86.