This is an old revision of the document!
PhD O.E. - Online editor for the PHP Manual
The original application is http://socghop.appspot.com/student_project/show/google/gsoc2009/php/t124024180468
The original proposal is http://mrkschan.blogspot.com/2009/04/my-gsoc-proposal-submitted-to-phpnet.html
- Student: KS Chan
- Mentor: Yannick Torrès
- Timezone: GMT +08:00
- Mailing list: email@example.com
Currently, the documentation work is synchronized by cvs. But still, there are potential conflicts due to redundant work. Besides, it's not that easy to share the works or even pipelining the works in a distributed environment. Therefore, a centralized environment is introduced.
The editor is still under development and the source can be found by http://cvs.php.net/viewvc.cgi/doc-editor/
To checkout: cvs -d :pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/repository checkout doc-editor
The Planned one...
- Community Bonding Period - Study current PhD OE architecture. Confirm refactoring procedures and exact deliverables with mentor.
- May 23 ~ June 20 [around 4 man week] - Refactor & Test main.js
- June 20 ~ June 27 [around 1 man week] - Merge Refactored code with trunk + Testing + Documentation
- June 27 ~ July 4 [around 1 man week] - Compile interim report
- July 4 ~ July 18 [around 3 man week] - Refactor & Test class.php
- July 18 ~ July 25 [around 1 man week] - Merge Refactored code with trunk + Testing + Documentation
- July 25 ~ August 15 [around 3 man week] - Implement mod_rewrite, reflect changes in php and js + Testing + Documentation
- August 15 onwards - Compiling final report
The Executing one...
- May 16 - I started looking at the main.js for a study into the main.js.
- May 18 - I was fooled by a bug during abstraction of XHR in main.js. Read the story at http://mrkschan.blogspot.com/2009/05/my-gsoc2009-may-18.html.
- May 24 - I completed the XHR abstraction and reflected changes accordingly. Read the story at http://mrkschan.blogspot.com/2009/05/my-gsoc2009-may-24.html.
- May 31 - I caught a bug during refactoring. Read the story at http://mrkschan.blogspot.com/2009/05/my-gsoc2009-may-31.html. I'm having discussion with Yannick on howto make the code looks good while keep it works.