Find and document missing documentation
Once upon a time we had a script that checked for missing documentation. It scoured the php-src and determined which functions were missing from the PHP manual. Let's reintroduce this, and expand the idea to include methods, constants and ini settings.
- Scouring php-src can be difficult.
- Some missing functions are intentionally not documented (php_egg_logo_guid(), leak(), ...), as are some aliases.
- Some definitions require specific FLAGS at compile time
- Some definitions are commented out within php-src
- Using a local compiled PHP will miss some some information (as not everything is compiled in) but maybe it's a good start (and simple)
- Determine how to use the index generated by PhD for this
- Determine what useful knowledge can be taken from the old functable.php
- Look over our old version of this from the old site
- Look over scripts/ to see what other nuggets can be found to help this task
- The check-missing-docs.php script is a start
doc/todo/missingdocs.txt · Last modified: 2017/09/22 13:28 (external edit)