This is an old revision of the document!
- PHP 5.3 status, wrap-up, and final release plan
- Considerations for PHP 5.4: whether necessary, what to include, etc.
- PHP 6 issues:
- Solving performance issues (strings with , etc.)
- Resolving the current TODO list:
- Finalize the scope of features: traits, 64 bit integer, etc.
- What can be left until 6.1?
- How do we clean up the codebase/cruft as much as possible?
- Where can we break BC to make things better?
- Can we unify certain functionality, i.e. making all array operations work with ArrayObject interface, etc.
- Figuring out how to ease migration:
- How do we test prominent codebases out there?
- What steps can we take to let people write code in 5.3 that will run transparently on 6?
summits.1235689038.txt.gz · Last modified: 2017/09/22 13:28 (external edit)