This is an old revision of the document!
How To Create an RFC
- Register for a wiki account at https://wiki.php.net/start?do=register
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting RFC karma for your wiki account. Step 1 and 2 are only required if you don't have a VCS account for php.net, as the php developers can already log on with their account and have the necessary wiki karma to create RFCs.
- Log in with your wiki account and navigate to https://wiki.php.net/RFC/my_RFC. Push the Create this page button, fill out the template and save
- Edit https://wiki.php.net/RFC and link your RFC under the appropriate status
- When you think your RFC is ready for discussion, send an email to the email@example.com mailing list introducing your RFC
- Listen to the feedback, and try to answer/resolve all questions. Update your RFC to document all the issues and discussions.
- When discussion ends (or if you really want to start the vote, and the minimal discussion period stated on https://wiki.php.net/RFC/voting#discussion_period has been reached) then you can move your RFC to Voting status:
- Update your RFC page to Voting status and add the doodle voting macro, for example:
<doodle title="RFC/voting" auth="user" voteType="multi" closed="false"> * Yes? * No? </doodle>
- Move your RFC on https://wiki.php.net/RFC to Voting
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with [VOTE] in the subject announcing the start of voting for your RFC (see https://wiki.php.net/RFC/voting#voting for more details). Start a new mail thread. Preferably set a maximum time on voting.
- Based on the result of the votes and the discussion there are three possible outcomes:
- Your RFC is accepted, update the status of your RFC page and on https://wiki.php.net/RFC and close the voting via changing closed=“false” to closed=“true” in the voting macro.
- Your RFC is declined, update the status of your RFC page and on https://wiki.php.net/RFC and close the voting via changing closed=“false” to closed=“true” in the voting macro.
- A serious issue with your RFC needs to be addressed. Your RFC goes back to Under Discussion. Update the status of your RFC page and on https://wiki.php.net/RFC and continue from point 6.
rfc/howto.1359511247.txt.gz · Last modified: 2013/01/30 03:00 by sixd