This is an old revision of the document!
Development pages for the new version of run-tests.php
These are the development pages for the new version of run-tests.php, the code which runs .phpt tests.
Initial requirements are listed here, additional ones will be added as we find them.
This is developer documentation, it contains information for people who work on and maintain the code
This is for users, there are instructions for checking out runnning and testing.
This is our current list of development items and the name of the person responsible for each one
TODOs 22nd July
- Investigate CI server (S)
- Tidy wiki and put together a set of doc pages (Z) (Note: user doc to go on wiki first, final destination undecided)
- Use rtException everywhere, get rid of other exception classes (Z)
- Research REDIRECTTEST (S)
- Run existing code on Windows (S)
- Fix up any remaining test fails on S and G systems (Z)
- Start writing documentation for parallel code on wiki (G)
- Run some more extensive tests/experiments with parallel code (G, Z&S to provide introductions)
- Implement valgrind (Z)
Record of development decisions
- Use the PEAR coding standard (22/04/2009 - see php-qa list for concerns)
- Deviation from the standard: Do not use _ prefix for private members. (Reason: too much re-work to existing code)
- We prefix classnames with rt (Reason: avoid name conflicts with built-in PHP classes)
- We do not follow the original PEAR class naming scheme (Reason: we use autoload and name prefixes, so we can keep classnames shorter than DIR_DIR_DIR_CLASS)
- We will not include both File and Class doc blocks. (Reason: Only ever one class per file)
This page configuration (the address is a bit screwy, but I won't change it as I've posted a link to it) has a list of currently implemented options, and whether we will re-implement or not. Yes means we will - blank means not decided, have asked for input on QA list.
- Run tests in parallel?
- XML or CSV or TXT (to replace HTML)
- Option specify arguments to valgrind
Things that will not be re-implemented
This section is here to record differences between the new and old implementation of run-tests where they affect the excecution of existing tests or the manner in which run-tests.php is executed.
The way these are currently implemented the test has to look like this:
--POST-- Some posted content --GZIP_POST-- 1 --FILE-- etc
This isn't really necessary. In the new implementation the --GZIP_POST-- section will just contain the content to be posted and gzip'd. Same for DEFLATE_POST. This affects two tests: